This list has been compiled taking note of five paid apps and five free apps. There are many photo editing apps on the market, but a lot of them are not worth your time. For example, many free photo editing apps are poorly created so that you will purchase the paid upgrades.
This list has free apps that are still pretty good even though they are free. The paid apps are currently the best on the market for being convenient, easy to use and have enough tools to satisfy most Android users.
Best Photo Editing apps For Android
Touch Retouch – Free
- This app allows you to remove certain elements from your images.
- It is not as advanced as air-brushing/re-touching software for desktop computers, but is good enough to fix really obvious problems with your images, such as when someone has red-eye, or an obscene tattoo, etc.
- You can touch up the image to remove small things such as skin blemishes and red eye, or you can cut entire objects from the background if you like.
- On the down side they have added adverts, and you need to upgrade before you can save images in the higher resolution bands.
TouchRetouch for $0.99
- This is the paid version of the free version of TouchRetouch.
- It adds a few more functions to the free version. It has added functions for cloning and deleting objects from your images.
- It also allows 1:1 image view, which is handy for comparing your adjustments to images.
- You are able to save EXIF types of data. They have removed the adverts from the free version of the app and you can save in higher resolutions.
PicSay – Free
- This app has all of the usual expected photo editing tools such as crop and rotate, but also has added effects too.
- You can do your basic tasks such as contrast, tint, temperature, brightness, exposure and saturation.
- It also has added effects such as spotlight, Pixelize, Rainbow, Invert, Spotlight and Dizziness. The app will also allow you to distort you images using a twirl, sphere, bulge or stretch effect.
- You may also create word balloons on your images, which is great for adding funny comments.
- They also give you a few options for your text too, such as changing the font and color to match the image you are adding it to.
PicSay Pro for $3.74
- There is a free version of this, but the paid version should be mentioned because it has many added features.
- If you have gotten used to using the free version then this app will take very little extra learning.
- Apart from the basic tools that the free version has, you can change the Red/Green/Blue qualities and the sharpness of the image.
- Changing the sharpness is sometimes needed if you have resized an image, because it affects the image sharpness. With this app you are able to Fix Red-Eye, Blur, Crop, Resize, Straighten, Boost, Flip and Rotate.
- If you have changed the focus of your image or you have a low quality image that is pixelated then you can smooth the image with this app.
- There are other filters known as “Masked effects” and you can access older versions of your images too for if you really mess up your current version. There are more functions that you can explore if you purchase the app.
After Focus – Free
- This allows you to create photos that look more like DSLR photos.
- It is a nice little app if you want to make certain objects more obvious, or if you want to give your images a certain amount of depth.
- It allows you to adjust the focus of an image after the fact, i.e. not whilst you are taking the photo.
- If you are willing to invest your time into altering and saving your image so that you can re-load older versions for when you mess it up–then you can create some very good looking photos with this app.
Awesome Miniature Pro for $3.30
- You can add depth to your images with this app using what is known as tilt-shift.
- You can create oval, round and linear tilt shifts. You can blur parts of your image to your own specifications.
- It is primarily a tilt shift app that allows you to create some good looking images, but it also has a few filters and editing tools for you to play with.
- There is a free version of this app that has not been covered on this article because it limits usage too much, to the point where you may as well download one of the other (better) free apps listed in this article.
Little Photo – Free
- This is an app that has the usual basic features such as resize and allows you to add frames etc.
- What sets this app apart is that you can add a number of image filters.
- For example, you can add a multi-exposure filter, or a body glow filter. There are plenty of filters you can play with so that you can add a mood and atmosphere to your images.
Also Read: Download Subway Surfers For PC And Mac Free
PhotoShake! Pro for $1.65
- With this app you can make photo collages. You can add images in a random fashion by shaking your phone.
- It is a cute little method of creating random collages. You pick your images and shake it up to see what comes out.
- If the collage is not great then you can keep shaking until it looks great. It is better than trying the same technique in real life because your photos remain upright.
- Normally you will find that some of your images look great together and then there are patches where the photos don’t look so great. In this case you can alter the boring spots manually and move images into their spot.
- You can add speech bubbles too, which can be really funny if you have one photo image character talking about an image that is close by.
Pixlr-o-matic – Free
- This is an app that has lots of different image filters for you to play with.
- The filters are set up in three different categories, there are photo filters, photo frames and light filters.
- It is a shame that you may only add one filter from each category, but you can cheat by saving the image and then re-opening it to add another filter.
PicsPlay Pro for $3.30
- This app is one of the more pricey ones on the list, but had to be added because it is very good at retaining the image quality of high-resolution images.
- It also has something called “FX Studio”, which holds over 200 filters for you to play with.
- The filters have been set into ten categories to help you navigate the tool.
- There are too many tools to list on this article; suffice it to say that the tool is more comprehensive than most Android mobile device apps.
- It is not as comprehensive as paid-desktop software, but if you want a wide choice of tools and filters then this is the app for you. They have updated the program too so that you can redo and undo changes.
Also Read: Top 10 Video Chat Apps For Android And iOS
So guys these are some best Photo editing apps for android which help you to customize your favorite image. Here share Photo editing apps are some free and some paid but if you want to more free Photo editor for android then comment below or if you have any other best free photo editing apps for android then share with us.