You can create a free custom email address with email@example.com for absolutely free. A custom email carries your own domain name like firstname.lastname@example.org, not something like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For instance, My web address is www.diyclue.com and I created my custom email address as email@example.com, which is my blog’s official email address. How To Solve This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error Permanently?
I have come across many websites/blogs that have a registered domain name but don’t have a custom email address. This is common among those that use Blogspot as their blogging platform.
Why You Need A Custom Email Address
A custom email address will give your site/brand/business a good image. People will see that you are serious about what you are doing. It makes you stand out. People are likely to trust you and do business with you than someone who is using a generic email address. And if you have a custom domain name and don’t have a custom email address then I can say that you are wasting a huge chunk of your domain resources because this is one of the major things you should be doing with your domain name.
Getting Free Custom Email Address
Let me assumed you already have a registered domain name, if you don’t, then you need to buy one.
Now, there are different services that offer free email hosting, but I will only discuss this particular one because I have tried them myself and found them to be very reliable, easy to set up and absolutely free with no inbox ads.
Zoho Mail Hosting
This to me is the best free email hosting. Normally, they have their premium plans but the free plan allows you to create up to 10 email addresses, 5GB space with 1GB File storage. They have a clean UI, support both IMAP and POP. They also have a mobile app for syncing on your device and you can also use outlook or thunderbird on a desktop to get your emails instantly.
- Go to Zoho Mail and create a new email address (just the same way you do in gmail or yahoo). You will then have an email address with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to your inbox and look by the top right corner of your screen and you will see Enable Emailhosting Click and you’ll be taken to the custom email page.
- The next thing to do is to enter your domain name in the box provided. After you enter your website address (domain name), click on add domain, it will then refer you to a congratulatory page and display all the features of the free account.
- Now, you will have to verify that you own this domain. Click on the Proceed to verify ownership right away.
- This step is a bit technical so you need to be careful here.
You will be given a zb code for your CNAME and the value which you will point it to.
The next thing is to create a CNAME in DNS Manager of your domain registrar. For instance, if you register your domain with Godaddy, you will have to log on to your GoDaddy account and add the CNAME and the respective value. The terms used for creating CNAME may vary based on your DNS Manager.
For a specific guide on how to do this, just click on the dropdown after Select your domain’s DNS Manager (DNS Hosting provider) from the list, you will see a list of domain registrars. Choose the one that is applicable. You will see a complete guide on how to add your CNAME.
If your domain registrar is not listed, generally, you can follow the steps below.
- Log in to your account your Domain registry account. That is your Domain’s Administrative DNS Host account.
- Open your Domain Management Page to update the DNS Records (DNS Manager or DNS Control Pane or Advanced DNS editor).
- Locate the option to add CNAME records (Generally found under DNS Records, you can also consult the help page of your registrar in case you are not clear).
- In the Name/ Host/ Alias/ CNAME add the code generated in Zoho, something like this zb14391269
- In the Value/ Points To/ Destination field add zmverify.zoho.com
NOTE: you will have to enter all these details correctly in the DNS manager of your domain registrar before coming back to click on the verify tab. Else, the verification will fail. Once you enter all the details correctly, You should check back after an hour or so and then click on the verify tab, and once it is successful, you can then go ahead to create your email address in the email control panel.
I do hope you find this interesting. If you need more clarification or you need help in setting up your own, kindly drop your question in the comment section.
This is the entire method for Create A Free Custom Email Address. This whole procedure takes but five minutes to be completed. I hope this can be terribly useful for you. If you found this Create A Free Custom Email Address tutorial helpful for you then share your comments with us and share this article on social media along with your friends.